11/30/09

Maginfy!








Ok, this week I decided I'm to try and post a project up everyday. Just for this week though. Anyway, my mom has a very large lighted magnifying glass for her quilting, so she can see the tread. I was downstairs looking for something to do, and found that it's very powerful and bright. So, I had the idea that I could take pictures of random objects through the magnifying glass. Sort of like macro shooting without the macro lens. You really can't tell I was using it to take the pictures, but I did take some pictures to demonstrate it's power. As I was saying, I tried taking pictures of different objects, but the lights on the thing were weird and I just couldn't find the correct color balance. So I just gave up and used the cloudy setting. As I was taking the pictures I tried to show some of the distortion of the magnifying glass. It really only worked a couple of times, But I did notice that some of th objects looked like something that they weren't Like the picture of the wings.

1 comment:

btwitch said...

Very cool! The photo of the bead or whatever it is, I thought at first was a photo of the moon, it really has that kind of look to it.
Great job searching out and finding something else to work into your photography. I remember when I was in highschool, back in the stone ages and photography class as using a hammer and chisel on a stone tablet, an assignment was to come up with our own filters to put in front of the lens while shooting our subjects. It was a great assignment and this reminded me of it.