1/26/11

Silence





My word for my final project was Silence. At first I tried to take pictures of snow falling, no thanks to my mom. But, I then decided that we consider silence as not talking. So, I took pictures of inanimate objects that, even though they make noise, they don't talk. I tried to represent that with the picture of the dog with a rubber band around it's mouth. Afterward, I took pictures of inanimate objects. The picture of the Owl Cafe is a bit of a joke, since the cafe is hardly ever open. I also took a picture of an old, deteriorated building to show that it is silent with no occupants. Going back to the no speaking part of this project, the picture of the dog staring at the food explains that he wants food, but can't say it.
In all, this is my project about silence.


1 comment:

btwitch said...

Nice collection of images, really like the dog looking at the food. As you pointed out, that really does sum up silence well.
What is up with the rubber band on his/her snout?

First image of the barn, great light in that image.