9/10/08

First Blog


Well, this is very unusual for me. I'm definitely not used to "blogging." But, better get started. The image I put up today is just something i made in class while Twitchell (my photography teacher) was talking to the other class. Granted, I have made better, but I'm still getting used to how basic Photoshop 4 is. T make this, I used a 1000x1000 at 300PX resolution and filled it in black. I then did two lens flare filters. Both at 100 intensity. I then desaturated it and then colorized it. after that, i used some color variations and made another layer. I filled this layer in with black as well and used the difference clouds filter about 8 times. Afterwards, I set that layer to overlay and lowered the opacity to about 80%. I then went back to the original layer and did some burning and dodging to great a better affect. The fact that it has orange and purple is a complete mistake and I didn't notice until I started dodging the edges of the orange. So, to make it blend better, I used the smudge tool and brought out some of the color and reduced the intensity of the lines from the lens flare. I then dodged some more around the flare and burned around the edges to give it more of a "burst of light" effect, for lack of a better phrase. 

2 comments:

btwitch said...

Fantastic image and great writeup about what you did to get the image!

Have you ever done this type of effect over the top of an existing photo that you have shot? Try something along the lines of this over the top of a portrait. You could really develop your own specialized flavor of work here. Keep it up, but don't neglect the assignments as well!

trebomer said...

nice job, I like this photo just how it looks, right away nice job.